CNC Setter / Operator (Rotating Shift)
Job Title: CNC Setter / Operator
Due to continued and stable growth, Swift Precision Ltd are looking for a Setter/Operator to join our team on a rotating shift basis.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
•	Produce machine parts by programming, setting up and operating a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine.
•	Operating XYZ 450 and 560 machines with a CNC controller and XYZ 1510 and 1020 with Siemens 828d controller.
•	Operate CNC and manual manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
•	Set datums using wobbling edge finder / Renishaw probe / 3D taster.
•	Maintain quality and safety standards, in line with company policy.
•	Keep records of works and times.
•	Maintain equipment, supplies and a clean working environment.
•	Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods.
•	Use precision measurement equipment to check machined parts against drawings.
•	Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify appropriate person of deviation when needed.
•	Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience in operating and maintaining a CNC machine. They will be able to read and work to engineering drawings and specifications. There is no requirement to be able to program but a basic understanding of the codes used will be necessary to change or edit basic paths.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must be able to:
•	Competently and safely operate a CNC Machine without supervision.
•	Read and interpret engineering drawings.
•	Competent use of precision measurement equipment such as Vernier Callipers and Micrometers .
The Position: This is a Full-Time position at 37.5 hours per week with a rotating shift pattern.
Working hours will be as follows:
Morning Shift - 8% Shift Allowance applied
Monday- Thursday 6.00am - 2.00pm, Friday 6.00am - 11.30am
Afters Shift - 12% Shift Allowance applied
Monday-Thursday 2.00pm - 10.00pm, Friday 1.00pm - 6.30pm
Salary is negotiable to the right candidate. To apply, please send a covering letter, along with your CV.
Strictly No Agencies